Saturday, September 30, 2006

Update. Vocation

Hi!
Well the meeting with my spiritual director was
ace! Was really useful. Br. John Paul also
gave me some brochures and a couple of phone numbers
for some convents that he recommended to start with.

Though I won't be able to think about joining a
community for a few years, he agreed that
looking around would be a cool thing to do. I
thought that seeing as I have a few months before
continuing study, I can check some out.

So today, I phoned up the Tyburn Convent, a Benedictine one in London.
I'll be visiting on a weekend (13th-15th of Oct).
The Sister that answered the phone was lovely.
By accident, I had her laughing almost in stitches
(I said I was looking at communities to see what I
liked and didn't like. Well, she said, it's more
a matter of where God's calling you lol. I said
well I'm checking out my desires. She laughed even
more. She said no, it's what God's saying :-). He
he anyway I agreed. I'm glad I brightened up
someone's day). The Mother was also nice. They
seemed quite laid back actually.

Whilst I'm excited about this I'm
also a bit nervous. I've never done
anything like this before.

Hmmm I'm looking forward to the next Vocations
meeting. Got the e-mail update.

Erm, also looking forward to the youth2000
retreat at the end of oct.

Oh yeah, on my way out of the Friary (after
meeting with Br.JP) I had a voice message from
Demon recruitment. They had seen my CV on
Monster.co.uk and said they have a vaccancy
that I might be interested in which is cool.
Tried to ring back but the woman that called
wasn't at her desk. Will call on Mon.

Funny, 'Demon recruitment' :-p.