Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just a quickie!

Well things are pretty good.
However, I wonder what's meant by
dreams (dreams about the future and
destiny).

I used to think I had the perfect plan for
a future career etc but now I find
that I think I enjoy a different subject
at uni, which will mean that my career
plans will change. I'm okay with
going through life step by step,
but besides the dreams that God obviously
gives people, does our own really matter?
Our desires and what we enjoy are
important but in terms of plans,
God often has something better in mind
than we do for our own lives.

Another topic: confirmation names...
I wonder what mine will be. It is far off
and at soonest I will be confirmed next Easter.
But still, it's an interesting thought.
I have two possible names at the mo:
Maria and Elizabeth. Both of which my mum likes
(although she doesn't know that I'm
thinking about confirmation names).
She nearly called my Maria when I was born
and she sometimes compares me to Elizabeth
Bennet so those names are already close to
me in a sense. Of course, the most important
thing, is that Mary and Eliz are great women
in heaven. Myriam is another idea, the Hebrew
(and possibly Egyptian before
that) for Mary and Maria.

But I might in the end get my sponsor to choose
for me and of course I'm always praying about
this stuff.

Cell group was good last night. I have a feeling
that when I leave, it'll be a freindly
conclusion rather than awkward. I told them
that I've been checking out a Catholic church
and they were cool about it. Thought it was
a good idea. Not sure how it will go with the
highest leaders in the church yet but hey.

Studying is going well. Well okay I'm
starting to get a little behind but I
can still catch it up in the eves or
on the weekend. Sent off a history essay
yesterday. Good ridance!!! ;-)